|ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
APRIL 23, 2013
Click Here to Submit Your Abstract
The Conference Committee invites submissions of abstracts from practitioners, academics, researchers, and policy makers from all areas of medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy, mental health, behavioral, public health, developmental, social, genetics, sciences, medical ethics, complementary and alternative medicine, as well as other related allied healthcare fields whose work has impact on health and wellbeing.
The theme of this Congress is “Uniting for a Healthy Future.” This theme highlights the importance of an integrated approach to healthcare, and we encourage presentations which promote this perspective. Both research and non-research presentations (i.e., an overview lecture of a health related topic) are welcome. Participants who wish to give a presentation at the Congress are requested to submit an abstract of their research or a synopsis of their lecture for review by the Scientific Committee.
The deadline for abstract submission is April 23, 2013.
Advanced registration pricing will end on May 1, 2013.
All abstract authors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstracts prior to May 1, 2013 so that they may take advantage of advanced registration pricing.
Abstracts accepted in the 11th AMWC will be published in the abstract book only on receipt of registration fees in full.
We would like to invite all interested parties to submit requests to present in the subspecialties listed below:
- Digestive Diseases – Gastroenterology
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Endocrinology / Metabolism
- Eye Health
- General Sessions / Other
- General Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Health Projects
- Hematology / Oncology
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine / Primary Care
- Medical / Health Education
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Oral health
- Orthopedics / Joint Diseases
- Pain Management / Anesthesiology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Practice Management / Business of Medicine
- Public Health
- Pulmonary Medicine / Critical Care
- Reproductive Medicine
- Technology in Medicine
- Women’s Health
The Committee reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
The Committee reserves the right to select the abstracts relevant to the sessions.
All abstracts must include:
- Title of presentation
- Full name, title and affiliation of speaker
- Postal and e-mail addresses and telephone number(s) of speaker
- Abstract of 250 words describing content of presentation (cannot include tables or graphs)
- Reference(s) if the presentation is about published work
For participants who wish to present a non-research based lecture on a health related topic, please submit a brief synopsis of the proposed lecture, not to exceed 250 words.
Research abstracts of 250 words must be provided in format below:
Abstract format should be as follows:
2. Materials and Method
PowerPoint presentations using simple slides are encouraged. LCDs are provided in each room.
Maximum of three abstracts per participant; abstracts cannot exceed 250 words and cannot include tables and graphs
Process of ALL abstract submissions:
- Make all changes, correction and spell-checks in your word document before submitting abstract. Submitted abstracts can’t be corrected after submission.
- To make changes in abstract after you click the “submit” button, you must contact the abstract coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and abstract confirmation number for assistance.